Will the pests or diseases on these plants spread and infect/infest others?
How can pests, plant diseases and weeds be managed without harming the health of property users, including pets, children, neighbors and maintenance personnel?
Are there any predatory organisms that can be released that will control plant pests on this site?
What can be done to enhance the plant’s natural defense against pests, or to encourage organisms that will feed on or destroy plant pests?
Plant Health Care and Integrated Pest Management are two approaches pioneered by Baefsky in urban landscapes, resulting in greater health, safer and more beautiful landscapes. Properly matching up plants, light, soil and water avoids pest, disease and weed problems. Monitoring landscapes to detect early cues of problems saves money and plants for property managers & homeowners. Tweaking maintenance practices halts disease infections and pest infestations that lead to dead and dying landscapes. Ecological design, early intervention and ongoing maintenance monitoring is how we promote safer and healthier landscapes.
We’ve helped clients with a range of specific sites problems on subdivisions and residential lots, canal banks, regional, county and city parks, roadsides, and other open spaces. We assess & help manage the full range of pests that impact plant life including weeds, diseases, insects and vertebrates.
Clients have included builders, homeowners associations, homeowners, architects, landscape architects, engineers, Public Works, Engineering, Planning, Parks and Grounds departments in Marin County, Contra Costa County, San Mateo County, Cities throughout the Bay Area, as well as local water & sanitation districts.
Typical work includes:
- Dying Landscape Evaluation
- Recommendations for Integrated Pest, Disease & Weed Management
- Legal recommendations for pesticide use
- Recycled water impacts assessment
For your pest, disease & weed consultation needs, please contact us via phone or email, at 925.254.7950 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Certifications & Licenses:
- Certified Arborist (WE022A International Society of Arboriculture)
- Registered Consulting Arborist (#456 American Society of Consulting Arborists)
- Certified Tree Risk Assessor (#1877 International Society of Arboriculture)
- Licensed Agricultural Pest Control Advisor (#074617 State of CA)
- CA Qualified Applicator license (#99864 State of CA)
- Licensed Landscape Contractor (#931410 State of CA)